A free workshop series on how to become a more successful triathlete will start June 14th, 6:00 PM at Halvorson Beach in Nevis and on June 22nd, 6:00 PM at Walker Beach. Sponsored by Northwoods Triathlon, Chase the Police Triathlon, Headwaters Triathlon Club, Up North Athletics, and led by Head Coach Neil King.
This training series will alternate locations each week from Nevis to Walker. Training focus will be on each athlete becoming a more accomplished swimmer, biker, and runner, and on putting the pieces together. Triathletes of all levels of experience are encouraged to attend.
To run concurrently with this training series will be a Headwaters Tri Club Bike-Run workout. A short 8+ mile bike (time trial start, all at your own fastest pace) followed by a short (1-2) mile run. Workouts start Tuesday June 7th, 6:00 pm at Halvorson Beach and are held every other week. The July 19 TT will be in Walker at the beach.
Summer 2016 schedule
- June 7 – Nevis First TT (Time Trial) and Run
- June 14 – Nevis First Workshop, Racing On A Bike
- June 21 – Nevis TT and Run
- June 22 – Walker Workshop, Open Water Swimming
- June 28 – Nevis Workshop, Open Water Swimming
- July 5 – Nevis TT and Run
- July 6 – Walker Workshop, Racing On A Bike
- July 12 – Nevis Workshop, Bike To Run Transitions
- July 19 – Walker TT and Run
- July 20 – Walker Workshop, Running Off The Bike
- July 26 – Nevis Workshop, Swimming In A Crowd
- July 30 – Walker Chase the Police Triathlon
- Aug 2 – Nevis TT and Run
- Aug 9 – Nevis Workshop, Putting It All Together.
- Aug 13 – Nevis Northwoods Triathlon
12 weeks total, 16 sessions, all levels are welcome and encouraged to attend, all or some of the events. If you join us at the workshops and the trainings we guarantee you a successful triathlon experience this summer.
Who Would Benefit From These Training Classes?
Someone asked Coach Neal what the experience level in Headwaters Tri is and who would benefit from these training classes.
I like this classification:
First let me say that no one in our club is required to attend nor will I be offended if you don’t. However these training sessions will be focused on the middle 85% of intermediate to advanced triathletes. With that said beginners are always the ones to have most to gain. I will not ignore anyone and hopefully everyone will gain some new skill or knowledge. If you are one of our elite level members I might put you to work.
Please do encourage everyone you know that will be doing a triathlon this summer to attend. You do not need to be a current club member but I will encourage everyone there to sign up.
Northwoods Triathlon: Nancy Lewis 218-255-1789 or nevischamber.com
Chase the Police Triathlon: Gretchen Gibbin, walkertriathlon.com
Headwaters Triathlon Club: headwaterstri.org
Up North Athletics, Neil King 218-616- 0639 Or email@example.com